The six-day training course “Meeting Cultural Education” runs daily from 09:00 – 16:30 with coffee break at 11:00 and lunch at 13:00 h. The training course is based on the following six modules:
- Artistic processes (how to initiate, enable and support them in the classroom and museum).
- Documentation formats (development of new experimental and artistic documentation formats, which mediate the findings in different artistic media).
- Reflection and feedback (how self-, group- and participant-reflection can be achieved, how we can reflect ourselves beyond hierarchy and using artistic methods).
- Contemporary trends and zeitgeist in the field of arts education and mediation / * Mittlung (how to involve contemporary professional methods and contents).
- Project management (how to coordinate and plan; how to deal with the differing logics of school system versus cultural system / arts system).
- Practical project (how to cooperate; what phases does a project have? Participants develop a concept / mock-up in multidisciplinary exchange using different artistic techniques such as creative writing, sculpture, installation, composition).
Reflecting the themes of the 10th Berlin Biennale, the modules will include a sensitivity training addressing positions, perspectives and social constellations – without focussing on “differences” or addressing “target groups”. How can new narratives – created through the dialogue with the exhibition and the art works – create a different vocabulary for a new understanding and meaning of the world and open up new perspectives?